Babi Yar 80th Commemoration
October 28 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Babi Yar 80th Anniversary Commemoration
By invitation only
In the program:
7:00 pm – 7:30 pm – Welcome table with hors d’oeuvre, salad bar, wine, etc.
7:30 pm – 8:20 pm – Welcome by Rob Leikind, Director of American Jewish Committee NE, and Vladimir Foygelman, President of Center Makor.
Screening of the fragment from the documentary “My Babi Yar” Director, Georgy Melsky, People’s Artist of Ukraine. Hebrew Melody will be performed by Stan Antonevich, violin.
Remarks by: Oleksii Holubov, Consul General of Ukraine to New York; Daniel Agranov, Consul General of Israel in Boston; Nicole Menzenbach, Consul General of Germany to NE; Rabbi Marc Baker, President of Combined Jewish Philanthropies; Alex Koifman, President of Russian Jewish Community Foundation.
Memorial prayers by Rabbi William Hamilton, Congregation Kehillath Israel; Rabbi Dan Rodkin, Shaloh House.
The theme from Schindler’s List will be performed by Stan Antonevich, violin. Yiddish songs will be performed by singer Liliana Glik.
Please note the program of the evening is subject to change.
Donations and sponsorship
Donate securely on our website
Prefer using PayPal?
You can also wire your donation using Zelle to 617-771-4870.
All donations are tax-deductible.
- Donations starting from $36 and up.
- Sponsorship starting from $250, $350, $400, $500 and other.
- $250–$350 – Supporter. Logo and name in the brochure, on website, and recognition on Facebook.
- $400–$500 – Sponsor. Logo and name in the brochure, on website, and recognition on Facebook. Logo on the slideshow before the event.
- Over $500 – Donor. Logo and name in the brochure, on website, and recognition on Facebook. Logo on the slideshow before the event. Recognition of the name of the business and/or the donor during the event.
By invitations only. Prior registration is required. The number of guests is limited.
The event will be live streaming on the Center Makor YouTube channel.
COVID-19 protection rules:
- All guests need to be vaccinated.
- During the Welcome reception guests must eat at the table and will be informed not to walk with the food around the room. Guests are allowed to take masks off while eating at the table;
- We will place big round tables in a separate room (M8), 6 persons per table up to 8-10 tables;
- All guests need to wear masks in the Social Hall during the commemoration;
- Masks will be provided if our guests need them;
- The capacity of the reception room is up to 100 people;
- The Social Hall capacity is up to 300;
- Total number of guests will be up to 100–120.