Jewish Parent Academy
Jewish Parent Academy Boston
Ayiddishe Momme/Jewish Mama
For parents with children of age 1–20
You are the perfect Ayiddishe Momme no doubt, but if you feel like learning some new things about modern Jewish parenting and meeting some new friends at the same time, then this Pilot program is for you. Please read more about this exciting opportunity below.
Fathers are welcome to join too.
“How do we instill strong and proud Jewish identity in our children?” That is the question.
If you are looking for the answer, you are on the right path.
The Greater Boston area lacks sophisticated Jewish educational and leadership building activities that successfully attract and engage Jewish parents. Yes, we do need a higher level.
JPA Boston is provided by Center Makor.
Ayiddishe Momme/Jewish Mother
The Pilot curriculum will include the following topics:
- Passover and the story of Exodus // Meaning and importance of the Passover story and how it relates to my own family story. Who am I? A couple of words about the Jewish identity, Presentation, and Q&A session.
- Jewish History in America// How the American Jewish community builds itself. Then and now.
- Jewish parenthood// Am I doing well as a Jewish parent? What do I, as a parent, want to pass to my children?
- Meeting with developmental psychologists – different groups* of parents depending on the age of a child:
- group for parents with kids ages 0-5: Early childhood development from birth. Picky eaters and what to serve them (meeting with a nutritionist);
- group for parents with kids ages 6-9: The power of reading with your child, recommended list of the literature;
- group for parents with kids ages 9-12: Interactive art workshop alongside with your child;
- group for parents with kids ages 10-15: How to talk to your children and what we can do to limit screen time. Yoga and mindfulness stress relieve alongside your child.
*Each group must be at least 5 people
Pilot program is available in person or on Zoom.
- Thursday, April 14, 2022, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm – Free welcome session
- Thursday, May 7, 2022, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Thursday, May 21, 2022, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Thursday, June 12, 2022, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Final session
You can choose an Extra curriculum:
- Paint Night with Polina Dorosinskaya;
- Zumba with choreographer Vladimir Foygelman;
- Jewelry-making with Clay with Style, by Yuliya Shulman;
- Cooking with chef Iryna Verteletska.
Space is limited.
200 per family.
What previous participants say
Testimonials are taken from JPA NY/NJ website.
Inna Vestfrid: I want to make sure all my three children have strong Jewish values and keep the Jewish traditions. I am excited to be a part of JPA.
Victoria Khavulya: I am looking forward to this program and making meaningful connections with interesting people.
Vlad Shpilsky: I am looking forward to the JPA experience, to meeting new people and learning more about Jewish history and traditions.
Anna Khenkin-Weiss: I am excited to join JPA to continue to learn about my Jewish roots and Russian Jewish heritage because the education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world.
Daniel Losovatsky: I has maintain a strong connection to my Russian inspired, Jewish heritage and hope my children will create the same bonds.